- Keep garages, attics and basements clean and clutter-free.
- Install screens and weather stripping on windows and door sweeps on doors.
- Fix any cracks in siding and walls, especially where pipes or wires enter the home. Use a silicone-based caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Wear heavy gloves when moving items that have been stored for a long period of time.
- Inspect items such as boxes of decorations and grocery bags before bringing them indoors.
- Store clothing inside plastic containers and check shoes before putting them on, as spiders often hide in these items.
- If you suspect that a spider has bitten you, contact your primary care physician for medical advice.
- If you have a spider infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional.