Scorpion Home Sealing
Magic Pest Control caulks and seals all vulnerable areas around your home or business structure and window seals. It is imperative that your home is sealed properly, as these little critters can come through a crack as thin as your credit card!
- Seal exterior base of home where weep screed and stem wall meet with a clear silicone caulking.
- Seal overhang area where freeze boards meet with a clear silicone caulking.
- Re-screen any open breather holes at overhang.
- Seal exterior light fixtures, AC lines, water spigot and thresholds etc. with a clear silicone caulking.
- Seal garage walls where stem wall and sheet-rock meet.
- Seal exterior and interior mechanical rooms.
- Screen exhaust fans located in bathrooms and laundry room with nylon screening.
- Seal between air duct and drywall behind air vents with clear silicone caulking.
- Seal interior kitchen and bathroom pipes, toilet fixtures and showerheads needed.
- Touch-up weather-stripping on exterior doors. (We do not do complete weather-stripping jobs)
- Screen window weep-holes as needed.
- Place smaller screening on garage air vents.
- Seal and dust block fence.
- Seal the underside of door frames
- Dust all cracks and crevices prior to sealing.
- Place insect monitors in the garage.
- Power spray exterior.
- Granulate perimeter and/or yard.
- Dust & seal around plumbing under cabinets.
- Dust exterior wall voids via switch plates.
- Dust cabinet false bottoms.
Tips on Home Sealing and Pest Prevention
There are many things you can do on your own to help stop problems from even beginning. The following list provides some simple tips to help prevent pests from ever becoming a problem in your home.
Outdoor Pest Control
- Seal cracks and holes, including areas where utilities and pipes enter your home. Don’t make it easy for termites and other pests to find their way in. Arizona’s Best Choice Pest & Termite Control provides home sealing services to prevent pest infestations, such as termites, scorpions, rodents, snakes and other pests.
- Keep tree branches, shrubbery and ground covering well-trimmed and away from your house to prevent termites, rodents and other pests from easy access to your structure.
- Avoid piling mulch next to your house foundation.
- Avoid standing water in your garden by using a fountain or circulating pump to water.
- Avoid placing pet bowls with food or water near the house, or remove them at night.
Indoor Pest Control
- Clean up often, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Keep cupboards and storage areas clean.
- Seal food tightly, and make sure insects can’t get into packages of cereal, sugar, cookies, etc. Keep bread, crackers and other items in sealed containers when possible.
- Store pet food in sealed containers and clean up after pets have eaten.
- Keep kitchen trash in a sealed container and store it in an area that is easy to clean.