You’re probably thinking, “No, I’m not ready for a termite infestation. Who would ever be ready for a termite infestation?”
The fact of the matter is that termites cause billions of dollars in damage every year. They invade homes and businesses every single day, even here in Gilbert, Arizona. Termite infestations happen every single day in Chandler, Arizona, and Queen Creek, and Phoenix.
When are you ready for a termite infestation? When you know the signs and symptoms of a termite infestation, and you know the right termite treatment professionals to call…
Knowing to Call a Termite Treatment Professional who Knows Masonry:
By now you know that scorpions can enter your home through any crack that you can slide your credit card through. If it’s approximately 0.030in thick, a scorpion can squeeze through it…
They are crafty and sneaky little pests.
If your Gilbert home has the smallest of cracks in the walls or foundation, scorpions will find their way in.
The most skilled, trusted and experienced Gilbert pest control professional will have a background in masonry work…plain and simple.
Today, I want to share with you just how important it is to have skilled masonry professional, who also happens to be a pest control expert, to your home for both termites and scorpions.
Pest Control Concrete Professional
There are two instances in which a pest control professional also needs extensive knowledge in concrete and masonry work:
When termites have invaded your home and drilling will need to be done to lay out extermination chemicals…
When home sealing is essential to keep scorpions out of your Gilbert home…
Termites and Concrete
First off, let’s talk about how detrimental termites can be to your Gilbert home.
The common misconception with termites is that they need wood, and since your Gilbert home is not made of wood but more block and concrete, termites have no reason to invade.
That’s not necessarily true.
Termites love masonry! They, obviously, don’t munch through masonry, but they do love the tiny cracks in your foundation or concrete walls that tend to form over time. Termites literally turn these minuscule cracks in the concrete into their own personal highways.
Termites will use every single concrete crack in your home as a highway to the good stuff…your drywall, those 2-by-4 studs in the wall, and the roof frame.
Here at Magic Pest Control, our termite specialists know exactly where to look for termites, and exactly how to get rid of them…placing the termite pesticides exactly where the termites are…within the cracks in your concrete.
This means that when our termite exterminators come out to your Gilbert home, they will skillfully drill into the concrete, laying out essentially a border of protection around your home…within the your concrete driveway, your concrete garage floor, even your concrete entrance path…to kill termites where they hide and keep them from coming back.
Only a skilled masonry with extensive experience in concrete work, and termite knowledge, is right for this job.
Scorpions and Termites
Just like termites use the tiniest of cracks in your concrete as their own personal highway to good food, so too do scorpions.
Scorpions will find these tiny cracks in your concrete foundation and walls, and they’ll let themselves right into your home.
Your Gilbert home needs to be sealed from scorpions by those who know Arizona homes and concrete construction the best…masonry pest control professionals!
Knowing NOT To Treat Termites By Yourself:
We’ve all been there…
“I’m going to run down to Home Depot and grab some pest control granules and I’ll take care of it honey…don’t you worry about a thing.”
Inevitably, the $20 you spent on pest control spray, or concentrate, or granules, over and over and over again…is wasted.
It’s wasted because you do it again and again and again, constantly running to the hardware store to grab that pest control spray to hit the perimeter of your house, breaking your back in the sweltering heat, tracking down ant piles and seeking out scorpions.
Your DIY pest control methods might be somewhat effective for a few ants, and it might kill a few scorpions outside of your home, but I can promise you this…
DIY will NOT keep termites from destroying your home.
Once termites find a nice place to build their home in your home, you’re in big trouble.
The only effective, and literally house-saving solution, is to have an expert termite professional come out, take care of the termites, and precisely place termite bait and termite treatment within the foundation of your home to not only kill the termites but to keep them from coming back…
And only the most proficient exterminators with masonry experience can do the job properly.
Today, I want to talk about the five things that Arizonans need to know about termites before even attempting to go DIY:
- Masonry Experience is a Must: As mentioned, if you don’t have any experience with concrete and foundation, don’t even attempt to treat your home for termites. You’re wasting your time and hard earned money. And, you’re wasting your football weekend. Termites go deep. They create tunnel beneath your home and within the walls…even throughout the concrete’s smallest of cracks and crevasses. Only a skilled exterminator with masonry experience can get to those termites.
- Termites are Prevalent in Arizona: In fact, statewide, there are an estimated 3 to 5 termite colonies per acre of land! If your neighbor has termites, or literally anyone in your neighborhood has termites (per acre), you are at risk.
- Costly Termite Damage: Across the United States, termites cause more property damage than tornadoes, earthquakes, and fires combined. Do NOT try to treat your home for termites the DIY way. While you’re wasting time going the DIY route, those pesky termites are getting deeper into your home, causing more damage, and ultimately costing you more money in the long run.
- Subterranean Termites Are The Worst: You won’t be able to tell the difference between a subterranean termite and a drywood termite, but our termite experts can…and it’s a good thing. If we find that you have subterranean termites, we know that we’re in for a fight. Subterranean termites have a relatively large range and massive colonies beneath the soil.
- Termite Prevention: Preventing termites from infesting your home is tough, especially because they are so prevalent…and if your neighbor has termites, you probably will too eventually. But, there are a few things that you can do:
- Have Monthly Pest Control Visits: A pest control expert will instantly spot termite tubes and termite signs, so having monthly pest control is a great way to prevent termite damage.
- Home Sealing: Just as your home should be sealed from scorpions and other pests, you can attempt to seal your home from termites. This includes sealing all cracks and crevasses, which our Magic Pest Control team can do for you.
- Barrier Products: Our termite professionals can place a termite barrier around your home, sort of like an invisible force field deep down in the soil, to prevent termites from breaking through.
Termites are no joke. If you think you might have termite tubes in your garage, walls or around the base of your home, call us immediately: 480-654-5888
Knowing the Signs to Looks For And Where To Look For Them:
- Interior: The internal search for harmful termites can be a longer period intensive. Signs of harmful termites in the home may be more difficult to recognize for a variety of factors. Your inspection should include every room in the home, making sure to inspect under beds, behind curtains, within cabinets, and behind appliances. Termite pipes, like on the outside of the home, can be existing on drywall or on floor boards throughout the home.
- Exterior: The first place a property proprietor should inspect is the outside of the home. The first symptoms of harmful termites typically show up outside and the outside of the home tends to be simple enough to examine. The perimeter of the home should be inspected thoroughly.
- Crawl Spaces: Obviously, for homes that have the layer of concrete foundations, spider areas will not be existing, but it’s important that any tight places in the home be checked as well. You’ll need a flashlight and a lengthy tool; a crowbar or lengthy screwdriver will continue to perform. You’ll also want to put on lengthy pants and a lengthy sleeve shirt to keep the dirt off.
Benefit of termite’s inspection
1.Flexibility And Time –No one wants to set time aside from performing or to cancel some other dally activities only to wait for the ‘bug guy’. Termite inspection organizations know this, so they are willing to perform with your personal schedule. Controlling harmful termites problems needs efforts and using pest management items is a key to protecting your house successfully. If you decide to do this yourself, there are chances you will forget when to treat your house again. Termite inspection organizations will keep track of this and will know when the items wear off and when is plenty of here we are at another inspection for termites support.
2.Hazard –Termite inspection specialists know how to properly use and where exactly to apply (outside and of your house) the items. Many inspections for pests organizations go green and use Eco-friendly items that are safe for the environment and your house. Also, if the specialists need to use more harsh pest management items that can be extremely dangerous, they have the knowledge to guarantee the safety of your family and residential. There are many chemicals available to consumers on the market, but remember that exposure to those chemicals does not give you super power against the pets in your own home.
3.Cost – Paying a normal fee can price few $ 100 per year. But, it can price you lots of money for fixing your house if craftsman bugs or harmful termites go unnoticed. If you do not know how to inspection for harmful termites nor know what are symptoms of craftsman bugs, consider inspection for termites support. Businesses that provide inspection for termites solutions know exactly where and what to look for in your own home, and the price you will pay for their solutions is nothing more than pennies in comparison to fixing termite harm.
There you have it…everything you need to know about termites and the best termite treatment professionals!