Pest Control Mesa: What are the pests and how are they handled?
Pest Control Mesa: Mesa Arizona is home to many pests. Pest control in Mesa Arizona is much like any other place, complicated. Each pest has a different ecology. Each is unique it what kills or deters it. Some pests need to be eliminated completely while others simply need to be encouraged to leave property. That means for pest control Mesa professionals need to be on guard and well educated to stay ahead. Scientists release cutting edge technologies every year.
- Bed Bugs
Ants: case in point, there are several different types of ants. Carpenter ants like wood and build nests right into the walls and infrastructure of your home. Fire Ants leave a terrible burning and swelling from their bite. While harvester burrow into your lawn and garden making them hard to remove without killing the plants.
Bed Bugs: these little guys spread around the US just we fly around the globe. See beg bugs are common visitors to hotel rooms. So as you go on business trips it’s not uncommon to bring them home with you. These little vampires like human blood and have become immune to the older pesticides. Here’s another case where Magic Pest Control keeps up to date with scientific advancements in pest control to keep Mesa residents safe.
Bees: Bee removal takes special training. Don’t attempt to remove this on your own. Here are a few guidelines for what to do for a bee sting:
- Head to a safe indoor location.
- Gently remove the stinger if it’s still in the skin by using a flat object like a fingernail or credit card. Do not use an instrument that could pinch the stinger such as pliers since this will increase the amount of venom transferred from the stinger.
- Apply a cold compress to help with the pain and swelling.
- If you’ve been stung multiple times and /or are noticing unexpected physiological symptoms such as burning, excessive swelling, body rash, difficulty breathing, weakness, nausea or shock then seek immediate medical attention!
- Call poison control 1-800-222-1222 they will monitor every hour on the hour.
Birds: Birds are a pest you don’t usually try to kill. Rather you want to convince it not to come around. Bird-B-Gone, is a series of bird deterrent products which help protect your home, commercial property, or HOA. Here is a list of several of humane products:
- Bird Spike – Prevents Birds from nesting / roosting on ledges, roof peaks, I-beams and sills.
- Bird Jolt FlatTrack – Low profile electric and mild electric ‘jolt’ changing birds landing habits in a safe and humane way.
- Bird Shock Track – Low profile electric and mild electric ‘jolt’ changing birds landing habits in a safe and humane way.
- Bird Netting – Most permanent, low visibility solution for bird control problems ideal for warehouses, eaves, hangars, signs, etc.
- Bird Wire – Provides unstable landing area for pigeons and large birds ideal for ledges, sills, and surfaces where birds have been temporarily nesting.
- Bird Slope – Creates a “slippery slope” for birds keeping them from landing and roosting! Ideal for ledges, eaves, beams and other 90 degree areas.
Cockroaches: There are 5 different roaches and each has a different way they need to be treated. In the case of all the firs step is to keep the area clean. Cockroaches love garbage. The next step is to call Magic Pest Control. The reproductive cycle has to be broken when dealing with roaches which means several months of treatments for truly effective care. Anyone telling you shorter isn’t really taking care of the problem.
- American Cockroach
- Oriental Cockroach
- Brown Banded Cockroach
- German Cockroach
- Turkestan Cockroach
Stay with us next week as we continue covering Pests in Mesa: Rodents, Scorpions and Spiders.
Pest Control Mesa: Getting rid of any pest concern is going to require professionals who understand the habitat of each pest. Magic Pest Control of Mesa stays on top of these modern developments in the science of pest control. Enjoy the educational links from this page to learn more about each pest.