Termites cause over $5 billion in property damage every year. Yes, that Billion with a “B.” From commercial buildings to residential homes and structures, termites and termites infestations cost homeowners and business owners billions of dollars every year.
Last year, in 2016, termite damage went over $5 billion for residential and commercial buildings. The signs and symptoms of a termite infestation are easy to see, if you know what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, most business and homeowners don’t take the time to learn the signs and symptoms of a termite infestation, and don’t call for termite treatment in time.
By the time business owners and homeowners notice signs of a termite infestation and call an expert for termite treatment, thousands of dollars in damage, if not more, has already been done.
In fact, your home is far more likely to be completely destroyed by termites than by a fire…five times more likely!
The first step to preventing a termite infestation is to recognize the problem before it’s too late, costing you thousands in repairs.
Termite signs and symptoms looks like this:
- Termite Tubes: You have a termite problem if you have termite tubes. Most often you’ll find these crawling up the side of your foundation, or along the walls of your garage. In most cases, termite tubes will be mud colors, often called mud tubes, and clay-like in texture.
- Frass: Termite droppings are called frass, and will be visible around the entry point of your home for termites.
- Wings: Often you’ll see small wings scattered around an entry point in your home. This is a sign of a termite problem.
- Hollow Wood: Holes in any firewood you might have around your home, or within the trees or patio furniture could be a sure sign of a termite problem.
- Cracked or Chipping Paint: If the paint along your wood trim or even in the walls of you home begins to chip and crack, it could be a sign of a bigger termite problem.
Never try to handle termites on your own. Termite treatment involves masonry expert drilling and termite professionals who not only know where the termites are, but where they came from and where they’re going.
Call Magic Pest Control today for termite treatment.