When you become a Magic Pest Control expert, you learn a thing or two about sealing a home…and how tedious, meticulous and scrupulous it can be.
There are areas of your home that you probably would never in a million years things about for sealing…but a Magic Pest Control expert knows about them, knows how to find them, and knows how to keep scorpions out of them.
Did you know that a scorpion can fit through a crack the size of a credit card? Yep, if you can fit a credit card through it, a scorpion can fit through it too…and they will.
Sealing up your home from scorpions, and other pests, takes a great deal of work and attention to detail, but it can be done.
Sealing Your Home
In all honesty, the best way to seal your home from scorpions is to call in an expert, and here’s why.
You know where your walls come to meet the roof…that tiny space where construction didn’t properly seal the wall to the roof…around the entire home…that will need to be sealed.
Any areas between the roof and the walls will need to be sealed.
Any areas of cracking around the foundation will need to be sealed.
Any areas of cracking between brick or stone and your home will need sealing.
Any areas on the walls where the stucco is cracking will need sealed.
And that is just the beginning!
Sealing your home also includes:
- Windows and Doors: Windows and doors rarely seal to be air tight, and weather stripping will either wear down, tear or just not work over time. Every window and door in your home will need to be resealed and new weatherstripping should be added.
- Screens: If you ever leave your windows open, check all screens for tears or holes. Make sure they fit tight into the window frame.
- Plumbing: From the outside to the inside, every plumbing pipe throughout your home needs to be sealed. Check under the sink to be sure that plumbing from the wall is sealed. Check outside to make sure the plumbing from the wall of your home is sealed.
- A/C: Any crack in the A/C piping through your home is an invitation for scorpions.
- Garages: Scorpions love to hang out in the garage, and garages are nearly impossible to seal because of the garage doors. The best you can do is make sure the attic is sealed, as well as the door to your home from the garage.
When you’re ready to keep scorpions out of your home, call a Magic Pest Control expert!