How to Deal with Pests During Monsoon Season
Monsoon season is here and hat means that termites and scorpions will be in full force, along with other nasty pest. Termites, scorpions, and other pests will try to enter your home by any means possible, so it is best to stay ahead of the game and be prepared.
These tips for helping you keep the pest out are not only good during monsoon season, but year around. Monsoon season will just be the time when you see termites, scorpions, and other pests the most active because of the higher temperatures and humidity.
Here are some helpful monsoon season tips to help keep your home free of termites, scorpions, and anything else that wants to crawl on into your home.
- Water bugs and earthworms will like to make their way into your bathroom. Although these bugs are not harmful by any means, they still will want to hangout in your bathroom. For this reason you will want to always keep your bathroom clean and dry.
- If you want to keep mosquitos, flying bugs of any kind, and other pests, try using window and door netting. If you choose to keep your windows and doors open to listen to the monsoon storms, these nettings will cover the windows and doors and stay with velcro. This will create a barrier, keeping pests out of your home.
- Be sure to always keep trash in and around your home picked up. Pests will surely love any food that you leave out, so do not invite them if you do not want them hanging around your house.
- With that being said, be sure to keep all wood scraps away from your home, this will help eliminate and scorpions from hiding underneath the wood and then making their way into your home.
- You will also want to keep your bed clean and be sure to clean your bed linens on a regular. Keeping everything clean and giving your linens a nice shake and fluff every night can help keep those bed bugs from finding their way into your bed.