We’ve all been there…
“I’m going to run down to Home Depot and grab some pest control granules and I’ll take care of it honey…don’t you worry about a thing.”
Inevitably, the $20 you spent on pest control spray, or concentrate, or granules, over and over and over again…is wasted.
It’s wasted because you do it again and again and again, constantly running to the hardware store to grab that pest control spray to hit the perimeter of your house, breaking your back in the sweltering heat, tracking down ant piles and seeking out scorpions.
Your DIY pest control methods might be somewhat effective for a few ants, and it might kill a few scorpions outside of your home, but I can promise you this…
DIY will NOT keep termites from destroying your home.
Once termites find a nice place to build their home in your home, you’re in big trouble.
The only effective, and literally house-saving solution, is to have an expert termite professional come out, take care of the termites, and precisely place termite bait and termite treatment within the foundation of your home to not only kill the termites but to keep them from coming back…
And only the most proficient exterminators with masonry experience can do the job properly.
Today, I want to talk about the five things that Arizonans need to know about termites before even attempting to go DIY:
- Masonry Experience is a Must: As mentioned, if you don’t have any experience with concrete and foundation, don’t even attempt to treat your home for termites. You’re wasting your time and hard earned money. And, you’re wasting your football weekend. Termites go deep. They create tunnel beneath your home and within the walls…even throughout the concrete’s smallest of cracks and crevasses. Only a skilled exterminator with masonry experience can get to those termites.
- Termites are Prevalent in Arizona: In fact, statewide, there are an estimated 3 to 5 termite colonies per acre of land! If your neighbor has termites, or literally anyone in your neighborhood has termites (per acre), you are at risk.
- Costly Termite Damage: Across the United States, termites cause more property damage than tornadoes, earthquakes, and fires combined. Do NOT try to treat your home for termites the DIY way. While you’re wasting time going the DIY route, those pesky termites are getting deeper into your home, causing more damage, and ultimately costing you more money in the long run.
- Subterranean Termites Are The Worst: You won’t be able to tell the difference between a subterranean termite and a drywood termite, but our termite experts can…and it’s a good thing. If we find that you have subterranean termites, we know that we’re in for a fight. Subterranean termites have a relatively large range and massive colonies beneath the soil.
- Termite Prevention: Preventing termites from infesting your home is tough, especially because they are so prevalent…and if your neighbor has termites, you probably will too eventually. But, there are a few things that you can do:
- Have Monthly Pest Control Visits: A pest control expert will instantly spot termite tubes and termite signs, so having monthly pest control is a great way to prevent termite damage.
- Home Sealing: Just as your home should be sealed from scorpions and other pests, you can attempt to seal your home from termites. This includes sealing all cracks and crevasses, which our Magic Pest Control team can do for you.
- Barrier Products: Our termite professionals can place a termite barrier around your home, sort of like an invisible force field deep down in the soil, to prevent termites from breaking through.
Termites are no joke. If you think you might have termite tubes in your garage, walls or around the base of your home, call us immediately: 480-654-5888