There are an endless amount of pest control prevention tasks to bring your attention to this Fall. Right now, when the air is crisp and cool in the mornings, before the sun hits the hottest part of the day, get out there and take some of these actions to prevent pests from invading your home as it gets cooler out.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery well trimmed. Removing areas where pests can hide near your home can reduce the chance of them finding a way inside.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens. Torn window screens and cracks under doors are an ideal entry point for household pests. When you open the window, you could be letting in more than just fresh air.
- Inspect items such as boxes of decorations, package deliveries, and grocery bags before bringing them indoors. Pests can find creative ways to get inside a home. Shake out or inspect anything that has been left or stored outside.
- Avoid leaving pet food dishes out for long periods of time. Pests don’t discriminate between human food and cat food. Pet dishes that have been left sitting out are enticing for all kinds of insects and rodents.
- Make sure there are no leaks in irrigation systems that will create excess moisture that might attract pests.
Of course, you can always call Magic Pest Control!